IGNOU RULES & REGULATIONS FOR IMPROVEMENT IN DIVISION/CLASS
RULES & REGULATIONS FOR IMPROVEMENT IN DIVISION/CLASS
1. The improvement of marks/grades is applicable only for the Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree Programmes, who have completed the programme. The eligibility is as under:-
a) The students of Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree Programmes who fall short of 2% marks to secure 2nd and 1st division.
b) The students of Master’s Degree Programmes only, who fall short of 2% marks to secure overall 55% marks.
2. Only one opportunity will be given to improve the marks/grade.
3. The improvement is permissible only in theory papers. No improvement is permissible in Practicals/Lab courses, Projects, Workshops and Assignments etc.
4. Under the provision of improvement, a maximum of 25% of the maximum credits required for successful completion of a programme shall be permitted.
5. Students wishing to improve the marks will have to apply within six months from the date of issue of final statement of marks/grade card to them, subject to the condition that their registration for the programme/ course being applied for improvement, is valid till the next term-end examination in which they wish to
appear for improvement.
6. No student will be permitted to improve if maximum duration to complete the programme, including the readmission period, has expired.
7. After appearing in the examination for improvement, better of the two examinations, i.e. marks/grade already awarded and the marks/grade secured in the improvement examination will be considered.
8. In case of improvement, the month and year of completion of the programme will be changed to the term-end examination, in which students appeared for improvement.
9. Students will be permitted for improvement of marks/grades provided the examination for the particular course, in which they wish to improve, is being conducted by the University at that time.
10. On the top of the envelope containing the prescribed application form, please mention “APPLICATION FORM FOR IMPROVEMENT IN DIVISION/CLASS’’.
11. Application form must reach within the prescribed dates at the following address:-
Student Evaluation Division,
Indira Gandhi National Open University,