Indira Gandhi National Open University | Distance Learning UNIVERSITY
The Indira Gandhi National Open University was established by a Law of Parliament in 1985 to achieve the following objectives:
इंदिरा गांधी राष्ट्रीय मुक्त विश्वविद्यालय की स्थापना 1985 में संसद के एक कानून द्वारा की गई थी ताकि निम्नलिखित उद्देश्यों को प्राप्त किया जा सके:
- Democratize higher education by bringing education to the doors of students.
- Establish and maintain standards in distance education in the country, as a leading agency for this purpose.
- Provide access to high quality education to all those who seek it, regardless of age, region or formal qualifications.
- Offer academic programs based on needs giving professional and professional guidance to the courses.
- Promotion and development of distance education in India.
Some of the special features of the Open and Distance Education System currently practiced by indira gandhi national open university are:
- Relaxed entry requirements.
- Student support services network throughout the country.
- Continuous evaluation through tasks.
- Interactive satellite-assisted communication network (teleconference).
- Provision of terminal exam twice a year.
- Interactive radio advice.
- Provision of equal opportunities for admission to people throughout the country.
- Profitable and profitable educational operations.
- Multimedia approach in the preparation of course packages.
- Self-instructional printed and audio / video course materials.
- Face-to-face advice and tele-advice.
- Provision of learning at your own pace, place and time.
The university offers programs that lead to certificates, diplomas or degrees, covering both conventional and innovative programs. Most of these programs have been developed after an initial survey of the demand for these studies. They are launched in order to meet the student’s needs to:
● skills improvement
● acquisition of professional qualifications
● continuing education and professional development in the workplace
● knowledge diversification, etc.
Currently IGNOU has following course of studies:
- Computer and Information Sciences
- Continuing Education
- Engineering & Technology
- Extension and Development Studies
- Foreign Languages
- Gender and Development Studies
- Health Sciences
- Interdisciplinary and Trans-disciplinary Studies
- Journalism and New Media Studies
- Management Studies
- Performing and Visual Arts
- Social Sciences
- Social Work
- Tourism Hospitality Service Sectoral Management
- Translation Studies and Training
- Vocational Education and Training