MEG-08 IMPORTANT QUESTION OF Block-4 Bapsi Sidhwa Ice-Candy-Man
IGNOU Block-4 Bapsi Sidhwa Ice-Candy-Man important question, look at here.
NEW LITERATURES IN ENGLISH
IMPORTANT QUESTION FOR MEG –08 Block-4 Bapsi Sidhwa Ice-Candy-Man –
- How and why did the Parsis change their attitude from passive neutrality to active neutrality during the communal holocaust?
- How and why did Bapsi Sidhwa become a novelist? Mention the authors
who influenced her style of writing. Why did she prefer to write in English?
- Analyse Sidhwa’s use of political events in the pre-Partition months.
- Discuss Bapsi Sidhwa’s use of the English language in the Ice-Candy-Man.
- Outline the origins of the Parsi community, and give an account of the
- Why did the Parsis immigrate to India? How did they gain permission to
settle in Gujarat?
- Comment on Sidhwa’s presentation of Gandhi and Jinnah in the novel.
- Discuss the manner in which Sidhwa presents human loss in this novel.
- Discuss the various political connotations of the title, Ice-Candy-Man.
- How does the device of a child-narrator modify the reading of Ice-Candy-Man as a Partition novel?
- What is postcolonial literature? Discuss the term in relation to Bapsi Sidhwa’s Ice-Candy-Man.
- Briefly discuss the ambivalence of the Narrative voice and the purpose it
- Ice-Candy-Man is an autobiographical fiction. Discuss with special reference
to Bapsi Sidhwa’s status as a Parsi woman from the third world and Lemy’s
multiple identifications as a handicapped, Parsi girlchild narrator.
- Comment on Sidhwa’s use of narrative techniques in the novel.
- What do you understand by the terms ‘feminism’ or ‘feminist’ and how do
they differ from ‘female’ and ‘feminine’ in the critical vocabulary? Does this distinction help us to understand women’s experiences better?
- What is the Parsi paradox? Give an outline of how it is presented in both The Crow Eaters and Ice-Candy-Man?
- Discuss the women characters in Ice-Candy-AIan with reference to their roles in affecting Lenny’s consciousness of her identity.
- Glve a postcolonial reading of Bapsi Sidhwa’s Ice-Candy-Man.
- Give a contrasted reading of Lenny’s mother and Godmother in the novel.
- Trace the socio-cultural background of the Parsi paradox.