Q. 1. Discuss the work of any of the women writers that you have read as part of this course.
Make sure that your answer:
a. is logical and coherent;
b. has clear connections between sentences and paragraphs;
c. is written correctly giving adequate consideration to your expression, style and
d. does not exceed the number of words indicated in your question.
3. Presentation: Once you are satisfied with your answers, you can write down the final version for submission, writing each answer neatly and underlining the points you wish to emphasise.
Note: You may be aware that you need to submit your assignment before you can appear
for the Term End Exams. Please remember to keep a copy of your completed
assignment, just in case the one you submitted is lost in transit.
Good luck with your work!
MASTER’S DEGREE IN ENGLISH (MEG-14)
Course Code: MEG-14
Assignment Code: MEG-14/TMA/2017-18
Max. Marks: 100
Answer any five questions:
All questions carry equal marks.
1. Discuss the work of any of the women writers that you have read as part of this course.
2. In what way do certain writers portray the cruelty of society and relationships? Give
3. Would you say that biographies are a reliable account of an individual and the society to
which s/he belongs? Illustrate. 20
4. How does travel writing educate the reader in terms of culture and society? Elaborate
with examples. 20
5. Discuss the main character of any short story in your course. 20
6. Attempt a critical appreciation of any poem in your course that you found inspiring.
7. Do you think that literature gives voice to the oppressed and silenced? Elaborate.
8. Do you think translation is the most effective means of accessing various writings both in
India and abroad? Give reasons.