IMPORTANT QUESTIONS OF MEG-11 (Block-3 F. Scott Fitzgerald The Great Gatsby)
- Examine the literary context of Scott Fitzgerald with reference to his contemporary compatriots.
- What do you understand by the terms ‘The Jazz Age’ and ‘The Lost Generation’?
- What were the major political and social events that shaped the Twenties in America?
- Show how American Literature was trying to find its own ‘Americanness’ in relation to the ‘expatriate sensibility’
- Fitzgerald has often been called ‘The Novelist of Manners’ descending from Henry James. Do you agree? Give illustrations.